Monday, March 3, 2014

Low Battery in car (sometime in January)

What a way to start a morning…  I go outside to turn on the "heater" on for the car before we drive Marcus to Barnehage.  You know these temperatures at 1C-3C are a bit cold for these Texans, but luckily my car has a diesel engine and has a programable warmer.  It will start warming the car without starting the engine…Oh how I love this feature.  But the night before I forgot to set the program, so I had to go outside to turn on the manual warmer.  This morning, the message board said…LOW BATTERY, what?!?!?!!  Marcus, Rebecca & I get dressed and I'm hoping the car will at least start when we leave to take Marcus to Barnehage.  Luckily it does, or I would have been knocking on neighbors doors.

After dropping Marcus at Barnehage, my little sidekick, Rebecca and I drive to the Volvo dealership.  We walk in, go the reception desk and I ask where I need to go for a low battery issue.  She pointed me out into the "shop" area.  So we walk outside, but there isn't a desk anywhere I can see.  So we walk towards the front of the building, nope.  Just two guys pulling into the garage/shop area, and nearly scaring me to death.  So we walk back inside the main building.  I look into an office and I asked the men where I need to go to have a battery checked out.  They pointed back out into the shop so we go back out in the shop, so we walk towards some offices.  And then we keep walking, looking for something that looks remotely like an information desk or someone signing people in for service on their cars.  Nope nothing, but finally a man starts speaking to us… I look at him and ask him if he speaks English, he nodes.  You look like you are lost, I'm thinking to myself… (Really what would give you that idea.  I'm walking with a 4yr girl in a "shop" area; cars being worked on and half of them are on lifts.)  I then told him I had a low battery light come on this morning.  He said, I will get someone to help you.  Finally, so we walked back to one of the offices we passed, he explains my problem to I'm guessing its a supervisor.  The supervisor asked where the car was I told him in the parking lot.  He says something to another guy and asks for my keys.   He asks me, do you need the battery to be charged or a new battery.  I looked at him and said I'm not sure, but I do know its under warranty.  He said we will take care of the car.

So Rebecca and I go back into the showroom.  They have a small Lego table for kids to play and I had my phone charged up.  My car salesperson recognizes me and asks if everything was ok…I said not really but they are working on it.  About 45minutes to an hour later, the guy who took my keys comes back looking for us… here are your keys you have a new battery.  I then ask where I pay, thinking there is some sort of fee even though it is under warranty.  Nope, nothing..just have a nice day.  Wait WHAT?!?!?  I have a new battery, it was a reasonable amount of time being I didn't have an appointment.  And we can have a warm car to get into in the mornings.  I love this feature, but I still miss my heated steering wheel in my old car.

No comments:

Post a Comment