Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Oh, the logistics...

We have hit the ground running… the first full day wasn't relaxing looking out across the North Sea,

photo from August 2013 vacation

it was an appointment with immigration to register the kids as living in Norway, and then to another department to start my residential visa process.  Thank goodness someone was there to assist…who am I kidding she did everything I just stood there like a bump on a log.  

The next day we did a little hibernating only because the kids were sick and ended up at a private healthcare clinic to find out they each had a virus.  I guess we had a small adventure because we got lost, yes I was lost for a short time.  I had plugged in the address to the clinic in my American iPhone but it took me to the wrong place.  I called the clinic and well since I only had a tiny bit of a clue were I was the lady on the phone wasn't much help; she did mention a gas station so I found my way there and called her again.  I found the clinic with 8 minutes to spare, yes I was early.  But all the way there we were driving in a mix of rain/sleet/snow.  The kids fell asleep on the way there but on the way home they were super excited, Rebecca was the most excited talking about the snow and then asking if we could send her friends an email telling them we have seen snow.  

The next adventures on the agenda is to find a home and a car for me…

2 comments:

  1. I know things are overwhelming at first! Seems like you're getting the hang of it quickly and keeping a good attitude even with sick kids. How's the language barrier?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I'm cheating as an expat ;-) I have spent some time here on vacations so I know where a lot of things are located and it's Jan's hometown. And how many people have family in the place they are being sent…but its still challenging. As far as the language barrier, I can manage, most people speak some English so it isn't too bad. I will be taking a language course pretty soon, hopefully that will help.

      Delete