Friday, December 6, 2013

And its a snow day!!!!

We had high winds all night long until about mid-morning.  But we woke up to a thin layer of snow outside.  YIPPEEE, the kids and this mommy were excited.  Being from Texas and living there most of my life, snow is very rare except when we went on a ski vacation.  


This is what we woke up seeing outside :-)
We had plans to go back to Little Stars…decisions decisions.  I sent Jan a txt asking how the roads were and he said it was safe.  So the kids and I got into the car and drove to the Little Stars playgroup.  The roads were fine a little snow but nothing crazy.  There were only a couple of mom's today with their children, due to the weather.  I guess everyone was worried about the weather, but we need to get out and about.  We had a good time again, Rebecca really enjoys story time.  Today's craft was a paper roll Julenisse (Santa Claus).  I will be honest I did most of the work, Rebecca tried to us the scissors but was having some issues cutting the circle for the face.    

We headed back home and on our way home we pass the Sverd i fjell (Three swords monument).  Marcus was already asleep so I asked Rebecca, do you mind if I stop and take a photo. She said its ok, I will wait in the car with Marcus.  We always see people out taking photos when the weather is pretty but I wanted to capture a different side.  These photos were taken with full color, no photo editing was performed on the following photos.  It was pretty cool especially since no one else was out there, only this crazy lady from Texas.

 

After we get back home and have lunch, Bestemor came over for a visit and brought some of her famous Chocolate Cake, yummy to the tummy.  Rebecca then decides she wants to go outside and play.  hmmm  its 32F outside, ok but we need to put on warm clothes.  She didn't like that idea, Bestemor said she would stay inside and play with Marcus. He still isn't the happiest when we put all his insulated outerwear on to go outside.  So Rebecca and I get dressed and we go outside.  She is super happy…just look at her.

Making a snow angel
Snow was falling in her eyes…

She is so happy playing in the snow
Mommy watch out, I'm going to hit you with a snowball...


Rebecca's snow angel - not in the same place at photo above
My snow angel 
While we were playing in the snow, Marcus and Bestemor were watching us from the window.  I think he was happy not having to put on all the clothes.  Yes, it was cold.  I put all my ski pants in the ocean freight, so I only have thin pants, but I will be getting some this weekend.  There are lots of lessons learned on packing for a move already.


No comments:

Post a Comment