Monday, December 9, 2013

Leo Lekeland - indoor play area


We went on a little adventure this afternoon…weather wasn't the greatest and I didn't want to stay in the house all day.  I packed a small lunch for the kids and we drove off to find Leo Lekeland.  Of course, I couldn't follow Google maps again…had a minor detour again.  I really don't know what's going on, usually I never get lost, NEVER.  Then I hear this little voice in the backseat, mommy did we  make a wrong turn again…ugh.  So as a woman, I found someone to ask, i was in the correct spot it was just around the corner.  We parked and made it inside…holy smokes, this place was the close to the size of a Sam's Warehouse.  It was pretty empty, maybe 15 customers including parents and babies.  Rebecca and Marcus took off before I could pay and get their armbands on them.  There were slides galore, tall ones, small ones, bumpy ones, twisted ones, and SUPER fast ones that I wouldn't let the kids go on because it was vertical.  These two kids were non-stop for two hours.  
What an amazing place for children to play!!!

These are just two small areas of this indoor playground.


Ball pits were all over and the kids had so much fun in them.
The next section we went to was an indoor tubing hill.  We did a snow tubing hill in Copper Mountain this past ski season and had a ton of fun and both kids loved it there.  So I put Marcus in a tube and pulled him up the hill. While Rebecca, little miss I can do it myself, pulled hers up to the top as well.

 
Waiting on Rebecca to pull her tube to the top.

And away they go…they have so much fun together

The entire place looked as if it was connected through these pathways.  I'm not sure but I think you could walk from one end to the other without going to the ground.  We didn't try we had too much fun going down the slides.
Marcus almost ran across this beam…thanks Ms. Cathy at Little Gym of Pearland
Rebecca had so much fun swinging from these rings.

The next play area we went to was the pirates ship.  This was amazing, the yellow gun looking things mounted on the ship, actually worked.  Yes, we loaded some nerf-like balls in the cannon and pushed a button and balls were flying in the air.  I couldn't believe it… They had them mounted on the ship then up above, I guess to have some pirate take overs and such.  The imagination is a wonderful thing and I never know what type of adventure we will be going on next with these little minds.  





We dare you to take our ship!!!  We are ready to fire!!
Firing upon the pirate ship from above

The tricycle area was next… they had passenger trikes, regular tricycles, non-pedal and arm pedal bikes.  They had fun here too.

I'm not sure how he always ends up a passenger ;-)

 The volcano slide was fantastic.  None of us ever made it to the top.  I was able to touch the platform area but lost my grip and slid down.  Marcus had a blast running up the side and then falling to the bottom.  Rebecca wanted to get to the top but if you see in the photos below it super steep and tall.  Maybe next time.

I can only imagine how fast this slide was...
Marcus trying to reach the top…

This place was fantastic and since it rains a lot here in Stavanger, we will be back.
See you later Mr. Gorilla 



2 comments: